Thursday, December 2, 2010

Got to get organizized....


... you know, like Travis Bickle in Taxidriver?

OK, I should not really be comparing myself to the cabbie whose moral compass has gone dreadfully askew (indeed, I think it's safe to say we're not much alike at all), but if the way I pack and store the trappings of my life is not evidence of a disturbed
mind, I don't know what is.

I try, I try, I DO
try.... always trying to get better. I'm in the midst of one of those efforts right now... trying to get my wits about me and my possessions in order right now while I have a little breathing room and before things get kind
of wild and wooly again as they might do in January and then continue on as such for a good long while. I'm also trying to step back and get a lay of the land while I'm in this sweet little bubble of free time here.... wanting to try always to move forward with right mind and right action and the most correct of intentions as I sally forth trying to build this Austin Tinkering School thingamajigamabob. Because you know I just do so want it to be something that's just uh.... part of the solution. Yes, I guess that's it in a nutshell, though if you ask me to tell you more I could rattle through a thousand nutshells with all my high falutin' dreams and visions and ideals about the place. But I shan't bore you further, at least not right now.

OK, I shall bore you further for just one more moment. I decorated these great tins that the wonderful Bernadette gave me, and am now using them for little rattly bits like sequins and clothespins and balloons and marbles and all the fun accoutrements of my job. Very reuse-y of me, eh? And I doubt ol' Travis did much work with mod-podge, though it'd probably have been a nice outlet for him if he had.

2 comments:

Teacher Tom said...

I used to really try, Kami, to be organized. I once had a room at school called "the office," but people kept saying it was messy, so I changed the name to "the work room." That solved it for awhile, but then people started to say it looked messy, so I changed the name again to "the storage room" and made it off-limits to everyone but me. Problem solved! =)

Kami said...

Best idea I've heard yet! Brilliant!! Problem solved! Thanks Tom!